Quick guide to attending Sitecore Symposium
Sitecore symposium is their biggest annual event hosted by Sitecore. It's usually during the month of October or November and officially lasts 5 days
- Day 1 is considered pre-conference day
- Day 2, 3, 4 are actual conference days with the Symposium Party on Day 3 and the closing note on day 4 at noon.
- Day 5 is MVP summit and open to Sitecore MVPs only
- Buying a pass
- If you are selected as a speaker you get a free pass.
- Early bird pricing can save you hundreds so look out for early bird pricing dates.
- If early bird pricing has expired.
- If you are a partner, you could become a sponsor and score some free passes.
- If you are a client or prospect, you should get in touch with your vendor partner as they may have discounted passes or even free passes they can offer you.
- If you are an individual looking for a last min discount, follow #SitecoreSym on Twitter for $100 discount code from Sitecore MVPs.
- If you just woke up and realized the symposium is tomorrow, you are SOL and need to pay full price.
- Highly recommend staying at the location of the event as you will be walking a lot during the day and may want to get off your feet or freshen up in between talks.
- Sitecore provides booking discounts for stay at the event location when you register for the symposium so lookout for follow up emails from Sitecore when you register.
- Sitecore provides breakfast and lunch on Day 2, 3 and only breakfast on Day 4.
- Prepare an itinerary
- There are more than 100 sessions with 20+ topics covered across 4 tracks so you should plan your itinerary before you arrive.
- Download the mobile app for the symposium.
- Save one or more sessions per time slot as you will most certainly be conflicted with multiple exciting sessions during the same time slot.
- Certain session by popular speakers or popular topics tend to be overbooked so register for the session in advance and show up a few mins ahead of schedule to secure good seating.
- Do not miss the Symposium Party on the evening of day 3.
Post a Comment